faculty & staff
ACCESS CLASS ROSTERS, EXCLUSION AND GRADE ROSTERS ONLINE
To access your class rosters from the District web servers requires you to have a DEC login name and password. Most continuing instructors already have an existing account, and accounts for new instructors are created at the beginning of each semester. Contact the Information Technology Department for your DEC User ID and password at (310) 233-4636 or 4436.
WHERE TO GO and LOGIN
Your college website may provide a link to the District’s faculty web page. The District’s site can also
be accessed directly.
1) The District’s home page is: www.laccd.edu
2) Select the tab near the top: FACULTY & STAFF RESOURCES
3) The next screen will show: Resources Accessible From Any Computer
Scroll down and select one: FACULTY SERVICES – INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM
• View your class roster
• Assign grades to students
• Exclude students from classes
4) Login page for Instructors – select: Click here to proceed to the login page
5) Instructor/Admin System - select: Instructor System
6) Key in your DEC User ID and Password, then click Submit
DEC User ID
a)Your DEC User ID is the first six letters of your last name plus the initials of your first and middle name. For example, if your full name is Myles John Standish, your DEC ID would be StandiMJ
b)If your last name is less than six letters, use your whole last name and the initials of your first and middle names. For example, Thomas John McAn would be McAnTJ
c)If you do not have a middle initial and your last name is Myles Standish or Thomas McCan, your DEC ID would be StandiM or McCanT
Your password is an eight-digit number. It is your employee number with zeros added to make it eight digits. For example, if your employee number is 123456, your password would be 00123456.
If your employee ID is 12345, your password would be 00012345.
The employee number is on your paycheck stub or you can contact Office of Academic Affairs at
(310) 233-4026 or 4020 for your employee number.
DEC User ID or Password Problems
Contact the College Information Technology Department at (310) 233-4636 or 4436.