- Campus Home Page
- New Students
- Student Portal
- Admissions & Records
- Alpha Gamma Sigma
- Assessment Center
- Associated Students Organization
- Career Center
- Class Schedules & College Catalog
- Complaint Process Notice
- Child Development Center
- Financial Aid
- Financial Literacy
- Honors Transfer Program
- International Students
- Job Placement
- Life Skills Center
- Mental Health Project
- MyLACCD Financial Aid Card
- Special Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Student Activities
- Student Health Center
- Student ID Numbers
- Student Right to Know Rates
- Substance Abuse Policies & Prevention
- Student Success & Support
- Transfer Center
- Veterans' Services
- YouthSource Center
frequently asked questions
- The cap and gown that must be worn by graduates is sold at the LAHC Bookstore. If your family member graduated from LAHC and has one for you to use, you may wear it at the ceremony. It is important to purchase your cap and gown as soon as possible because the sizes are based on height. Once the Bookstore runs out of your height, you will have to choose one smaller or larger than what you may want.
I want to wear heels for the ceremony. Is this okay?
- No. To ensure that no damage is done to the track and for the safety of our students, Graduates are only allowed to wear flat shoes for the rehearsal and ceremony. Flat shoes include: flip flops, sneakers, platforms with no wedge heel, and flat sandals. NO WEDGE OR SPIKY HEELS of any type will be allowed. Graduates may bring their shoes to rehearsal if they are unsure of what “flat shoes” means. The Sheriffs' Department staff will be checking all shoes before graduates are allowed to walk onto the field and will not allow a graduate to participate if their shoes are considered heels.
I want my child, children, or family member to sit with me at the ceremony. Is this okay?
- Only Graduates, Faculty, and Staff are allowed to participate in the actual Graduation Ceremony. No guests are allowed to sit with the Graduates, Faculty, or Staff. There is plenty of seating available for family and friends in the bleachers. Children and guests are also not allowed to be present at Graduation Rehearsal. No childcare is available and children are not allowed entrance to the Football Field.
Will anyone be selling balloons or gifts at the ceremony?
- There will be authorized vendors selling flowers, balloons, and other graduation items at the ceremony. Graduates, their family, or friends may pre-order flowers at (310) 378-1018. The LAHC Bookstore will also be present selling refreshments and other items. Guests are of course allowed to bring flowers and balloons for their graduate, but are not allowed to sell items of any type. Those interested in being a Graduation Vendor may submit a vendor application for that day.
Will a photographer be taking pictures at the ceremony?
- Yes. There will be photographers taking three pictures of the graduate as they walk up to receive their diploma. Photo proofs will be mailed to each Graduate a couple of weeks following the ceremony. LAHC does not handle the ordering of the pictures; therefore, the Graduates must deal directly with the photo studio. Photo information will be handed out at the June 11th, 1:00 p.m. Rehearsal.
I missed the deadline to apply for Graduation - can I still participate?
- Maybe. Those students who missed the March 3rd deadline to apply to graduate, may file a petition to walk in the ceremony and it will be evaluated by the Admissions’ Office. Students who missed the deadline to apply for Graduation and petitioned to walk in the ceremony will not have their name listed in the printed graduation program. If you did not miss the deadline, you do not have to file a petition to walk in the ceremony and your name will appear on the Graduates' List on this website before the end of May.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Graduates receive a diploma case at the ceremony enclosed with instructions on how to pick up their diploma. Summer/Fall 2013 Graduates may pick up their diplomas in the Admissions Office after September 2014. Spring 2014 Graduates must wait until all their grades are turned in, which should be completed by October 2014.
If you have Facebook you may go to the Los Angeles Harbor College Graduation 2014 page at:
If you still have unanswered questions regarding the Graduation Ceremony, please feel free to email Mary Vargas, Graduation Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org