- About Harbor
- Mission & Vision
- Office of the President
- Office of Student Services
- LAHC Facts at a Glance
- Administration & Leadership
- Construction Updates
- Office of Academic Affairs
- Office of Administrative Services
- Office of Student Services
- Sheriffs/Emergency Info
- Sheriff's Department
- Distance Learning
- For Students
- Student Portal
- New Students
- Student Portal
- Admissions & Records
- Alpha Gamma Sigma
- Assessment Center
- Associated Students Organization
- Career Center
- Class Schedules & College Catalog
- Complaint Process Notice
- Child Development Center
- Financial Aid
- Financial Literacy
- Honors Transfer Program
- International Students
- Job Placement
- Life Skills Center
- Mental Health Project
- MyLACCD Financial Aid Card
- Special Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Student Activities
- Student Health Center
- Student ID Numbers
- Student Right to Know Rates
- Substance Abuse Policies & Prevention
- Student Success & Support
- Transfer Center
- Veterans' Services
- YouthSource Center
frequently asked questions
One of my family members has a blue cap and gown. Can I wear it?
- The cap and gown that must be worn by graduates is sold at the LAHC Bookstore. If your family member graduated from LAHC and has one for you to use, you may wear it at the ceremony.
I want to wear heels for the ceremony. Is this okay?
- No. To ensure that no damage is done to the track and for the safety of our students, Graduates are only allowed to wear flat shoes for the rehearsal and ceremony. Flat shoes include: flip flops, sneakers, platforms with no wedge heel, and flat sandals. NO WEDGE OR SPIKY HEELS of any type will be allowed. Graduates may bring their shoes to rehearsal if they are unsure of what “flat shoes” means or view the unapproved/approved shoe flyers on this website. The Sheriffs' Department staff will be checking all shoes before graduates are allowed to walk onto the field and will not allow a graduate to participate if their shoes are considered heels.
I want my child, children, or family member to sit with me at the ceremony. Is this okay?
- Only Graduates, Faculty, and Staff are allowed to participate in the actual Graduation Ceremony. No guests are allowed to sit with the Graduates, Faculty, or Staff. There is plenty of seating available for family and friends in the bleachers. Children or guests are also not allowed to be present at Graduation Rehearsal. No childcare is available and children are not allowed entrance to the Football Field.
Will anyone be selling balloons or gifts at the ceremony?
- There will be authorized vendors selling flowers, balloons, and other graduation items at the ceremony. Graduates, their family, or friends may pre-order flowers at (310) 378-1018. The LAHC Bookstore will also be present selling refreshments and other items. Guests are of course allowed to bring flowers for their graduate, but are not allowed to sell items of any type. Balloons are not allowed inside the stadium.
Will a photographer be taking pictures before or at the ceremony?
- Yes. The Grad Fair is the Graduates opportunity to take a graduation portrait with Ultimate Exposures. The studio will be on campus for the Grad Fair and will be scheduling appointments on campus in April, May and June. To make an appointment, please click the link to the online portrait scheduling:
Questions about graduation portraits? Contact Ultimate Exposures at (818) 781-9530 or visit www.ultimateexposures.com.
I missed the deadline to apply for Graduation - can I still participate?
- Maybe. Those students, who missed the March deadline to apply to graduate, may file a petition to walk in the ceremony and it will be evaluated by the Admissions’ Office. Students who missed the deadline to apply for Graduation or petition to walk in the ceremony will not have their name listed in the printed graduation program. If you did not miss the deadline, you do not have to file a petition to walk in the ceremony and your name will appear on the Graduates’ List on this website before the end of May.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Graduates receive a diploma case at the ceremony enclosed with instructions on how to pick up their diploma. Summer/Fall 2014 Graduates may pick up their diplomas in the Admissions Office after September 2015. Spring 2015 Graduates must wait until all their grades are turned in and their diploma is processed, which should be completed by October 2015.
If you have Facebook you may go to the Los Angeles Harbor College Graduation 2015 page at:
If you still have unanswered questions regarding the Graduation Ceremony, please feel free to email Mary Vargas, Graduation Coordinator, at email@example.com
Los Angeles Harbor College Student Book Store is your place for official LA Harbor College merchandise & apparel, textbooks, supplies, snacks ,and high quality beverages & coffee.MORE>
If you would like to add into an online class that is already closed, you must contact the instructor to request permission to add. MORE>