The Role of Women in the History of the United States
Primary Sources -- LC Subject Headings when searching library catalog
- Early Works to 1800
- Personal Narratives (or the word ‘narrative’ in the title of a book, usually)
- Sources (this is the main subject heading for primary sources)
Full-Text Databases (Articles, Encyclopedia entries)
- America History & Life with Full Text - powerful search tool; full text journal articles (mostly); no primary sources
- Gale Student Resources in Context - Browse topics, Women's rights. Select Primary Sources
- Salem History - click browse tab, select Women's Issues; encyclopedia entries; no primary sources
- JSTOR - strong collection of scholarly articles on historical topics; mostly considered secondary sources. Difficult to refine by topic, but Advanced Search lets you narrow by discipline.
- Use infomine.ucr.edu as a decent search tool for academic and scholarly websites (avoid the $ pay per view sites)
- Search for selected sites using the Google operators.
inurl:library site:edu guide [insert relevant terms], e.g., Mexican American
- Chicago documentation style
Link to Post-Tests
Sec. 0744 Tues. 9/10 test