The counseling staff helps students define their objectives and plan how to reach them. Counselors provide information that will assist students to plan their college classes. Typical areas of discussion with a counselor include:
- Requirements for the Associate degree.
- Review of technical and vocational offerings.
- Clarification of the general education and major requirements to transfer to universities.
- Reviewing transcripts from other colleges to clear a prerequisite class.
- Assistance in choosing suitable educational or career goals.
- Suggestion of methods of overcoming academic difficulties.
- Personal counseling for achieving a more meaningful college experience.