Honors Transfer Program
The Honors Transfer Program is a cooperative effort between Los Angeles Harbor College and the following universities: UCLA, UCI, UC Berkeley, Azusa Pacific University, Pitzer College, Pomona College, Chapman University, Occidental College, Loyola Marymount University, Mills College and La Sierra University.
It is intended to serve students interested in a challenging curriculum designed to prepare them for transfer. Students who complete the honors curriculum, and preparation for their major (with at least a 3.1 GPA), will receive:
- Guaranteed priority admission to UCLA School of Letters and Sciences, (Students interested in Fine Arts and Engineering majors at UCLA may also participate in the HTP and will be given special consideration by UCLA when applying) UCI also gives priority admission.
- Priority consideration given by Azusa Pacific University, Pitzer College and Pomona College (requires 3.5 GPA), Chapman University, La Sierra University, Occidental College (requires 3.25 GPA) and Pitzer College (requires 3.5 GPA).
* Please view the following website for specific details regarding admission offers, scholarships and admission to University Honors Programs: www.honorstcc.org/transfer/agreements.html
Benefits of the Honors Program:
- Enriched coursework designed in cooperation with university faculty
- Specialized academic and personal counseling
- Admission preference over all students applying to the participating universities
- Inexpensive, high quality instruction
- Designated scholarships for Honors Transfer students
- Admission to University Honors Programs
- Honors students are eligible to apply for honors designated scholarships that range in amount from $200-$5,000+
This program is also beneficial for students who plan to transfer to any other four year institutions. Qualified students may elect to take Honors classes without being in the Honors Program. Interested students should contact the Honors Counselor to determine enrollment eligibility. Please call (310) 233-4038 or email Yvonne Pueblos at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Dr. Joachin Arias, the HOnors Transfer Program Director at (310) 233-4493 or email at email@example.com.
Honors Transfer Requirements
- Completion of preparation for the major
- Completion of six honors courses
- Completion of all lower division breadth curriculum or IGETC
- Completion of a minimum of a 3.1 GPA or higher, or as required by the transfer institutions
- Participation in at least one form of campus or community service
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact:
SSA Room 130
Dr. Joachin Arias
Honors Transfer Director