Transfer Admission Guaranteed Programs (TAG)
Seven UC campuses offer guaranteed admission to California community college students who meet specific requirements. By participating in a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program, students receive early review of their academic records, early admission notification, and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
Students seeking a Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) with one of the seven participating campuses (UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Santa Cruz) may apply using the online planner. Students must satisfactorily complete UC and campus-specific transfer admission requirements to be eligible for a TAG.
UC TAG Website:https://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu
Important Dates and Deadlines for Fall 2013 UC TAGs
- September 1 - 30, 2012: TAG submission period for students
- No later than November 15, 2012: UC campuses post TAG decisions
- November 1 - 3o, 2012: Fall 2012 UC application filing period - ALL TAG students must file a UC application!
All TAG applicants must complete minimum UC admission requirements by the end of Spring 2013.
International students with only U.S. College coursework are eligible for all TAGs. (UCD, UCM, UCSB, & UCSC will consider students with postsecondary coursework from outside the U.S. Limitations apply).
To be eligible and get the benefits of a TAG, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time at a California Community College (exceptions are possible)
- Complete at least 30 transferable semester units at the end of Summer 2012 (AP and IB units allowed) with a minimum GPA as follows:
- College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences: 3.2 (Biotechnology and Viticulture and Enology)*
- College of Biological Sciences: 3.2 (all majors)*
- College of Engineering: 3.3 (all majors)*
- College of Letters & Science: 3.2 (Communication, International Relations, Psychology)*
*These majors require additional coursework to be completed by Spring 2013 with specific grades.
(Landscape Architecture & Managerial Economics are not selective at the time of admission; students are encouraged to complete coursework to be ready to move from pre-status to major status once enrolled.) Majors that don't offer TAGs: Electronic Materials Engineering, Excercise Biology, Optical Science and Engineering.
- Complete at least 30 transferable semester units at a California Community College with at least a 3.2 GPA by the end of Summer 2012
- Complete the last 30 units in residence at a California Community College and maintain 3.2 minimum GPA by the end of Spring 2013
- Complete UC - required transferable math course and 1st of two transferable English courses with a C or higher by the end of Summer 2012
- Majors that don't offer TAGs: Arts & Humanities, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Business Administration, Dance, Developmental & Cell Biology, Genetics, Humanities & Arts, Information and Computer Science (ICS), Microbiology & Immunology, Music, Neurobiology, Nursing Science, and Plant Biology
- Specific major course courses for a TAG: http://www.admissions.uci.edu/pdf/TAG_brochure_fall2011.pdf
- LAHC major course equivalencies can be found at www.assist.org
- Complete at least 30 transferable semester units by the end of Summer 2012 with a minimum GPA as follows:
- All majors in the School of Natural Sciences: 2.9
- All majors in the School of Engineering, except Computer Science & Engineering: 3.0
- Computer Sciences & Engineering: 3.1 (grades in math, science & computer science courses must be at least a 2.5)
- All majors in the School of Social Sciences, Humanities & Arts, except Psychology: 2.8
- Psychology: 3.0
- Complete UC transferable English (both courses) and one math course by the end of Spring 2013.
Specific majors require coursework completed with specific grades by the end of Spring 2013. Please consult the website above, in conjunction with www.assist.org.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident or AB540 qualified. International students are also eligible to receive a TAG contract.
- Complete UC-Required transferable math course and 1st of two UC approved transferable English courses (English 1 equivalent) with a C or higher by the end of Fall 2012, and English 2 or equivalent by the end of Spring 2013.
- Complete minimum of 30 UC transferable semester units by the end of Summer 2012.
- College of Arts, Humanities & Social Science: 3.0
- Business Administration: 3.0 (and specific major courses per www.assist.org)
- Bournes College of Engineering: 3.1 (and specific major courses per www.assist.org)
- College of Natural & Agricultural Science: 3.0* (working towards completing one year of calculus)
*3.2 GPA for Biology and Biochemistry majors
UC San Diego:
- Complete at least 30 UC transferable semester units by the end of Summer 2012. (No foreign coursework allowed)
- Achieve a minimum 3.5 GPA by the end of Fall 2012 and maintain a 3.5 GPA through the end of Spring 2013
- Complete UC - required transferable math course and two UC - required English Composition courses (English 1 and 2 or the equivalent) by the end of Fall 2012
- Completion of IGETC by the end of Spring 2013, and certification is due July 13, 2013. No partial certification
- UCSD admits students to the university, but not to a specific major. Completing as many courses as possible in the major will increase your chances of getting into the major after transfer.
UC Santa Barbara
- Complete at least 30 transferable semester units by the end of Summer 2012, excluding units earned via AP, IB or A levels.
- Complete the last 30 of 60 or more UC - transferable semester units in residence at a California Community College
- Complete UC - required transferable math course and two UC - required English Composition courses by the end of Fall 2012
- TAG does not apply to: Dance (B.A., B.F.A.), Music (B.M.), and Theater (B.F.A.) and all majors in the College of Creative Studies
- College of Letters & Science
- Earn a 3.2 overall GPA by the end of Fall 2012
- Maintain a minimum overall 3.2 GPA through the end of Spring 2013
- Majors in Biological Sciences and Economics REQUIRE completion of specific major preparatory coursework by the end of Spring 2013. (www.assist.org)
- College of Engineering
- Earn an overall minimum 3.2 GPA in all UC transferable coursework by the end of Fall 2012
- Earn an overall minimum 3.4 GPA in all major preparatory coursework by the end of Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
- Chemical Engineering B.S., Computer Engineering B.S., Computer Science B.S., Electrical Engineering B.S. and Mechanical Engineering B.S. REQUIRE major preparation to be completed by the end of Spring 2013
UC Santa Cruz:
- Complete at least 30 UC transferable semester units with at least a 3.0 GPA by the end of Summer 2012
- Students who have completed 20 semester units or more of upper-division coursework at a 4-year college/university, have a bachelor's degree, or are former UCSC students are NOT eligible for a Santa Cruz TAG
- Complete one UC transferable English class by the end of Fall 2012 and complete the second UC transferable composition courswe by the end of Spring 2013. Show a clear indication through coursework or placement exams that at least one transferable math course can be completed by the end of Spring 2013.
- Students applying for Psychology, Economics, Biological Sciences or Engineering majors must have significant major coursework completed to get a guarantee. Check the above website for details.
INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE GO TO WWW.UCOP.EDU FOR THE MOST CURRENT UC TAG INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPATING UC CAMPUSES.