Applying from overseas: LOS ANGELES HARBOR COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
Applying from outside of the U.S. to Los Angeles Harbor College
2. Provide evidence of English proficiency. (A minimum score of TOEFL score of 450 paper-based, 133 computer-based, or 45 internet-based TOEFL tests; an IELTS score of Band 5.0; a Step Eiken Level 2, pre-1, or 1; or an iTEP score of 3.5.) This proficiency requirement may be waived if the student is from an English-language speaking country or if his/her high school was/is an “international” school where all subjects are taught in the medium of English.
3. Provide evidence of high school completion. Official transcripts in English must be sent directly from the student’s school(s) to the International Student Office. If transcripts in English cannot be provided, the student’s school can send native language transcripts; the student can then provide a notarized English translation of the document. If student has attended university, copies of university transcripts should also be sent directly to the International Student Office.
4. Sign and submit the “ International Student Agreement ”
5. Submit a completed “Affidavit of Support” accompanied by appropriate supporting financial documents. (The appropriate financial documents are documents showing that the sponsor has sufficient funds to cover one year of the student’s educational and living expenses-- currently $20,000). Types of documents that may be submitted are a bank account or investment account statement, a letter from the sponsor’s bank, or even a copy of the sponsor’s income tax statement. If an applicant is sponsoring himself or herself, he or she should write “Self” for the question “Student’s Relationship to You.” If the student’s sponsor is a U.S. citizen, the sponsor will have to complete the USCIS form I-134 .
6. Submit two passport size photos taken within the last six months.
7. Submit the non-refundable $35 application fee. (Do not send cash. Make payment with an American bank check or an international money order. Please make money orders or checks out to “LAHC”.)
Note: Please make a copy of everything you submit to us for yourself. You will need to bring a copy of what you submitted to us for your visa interview.
Mail your documents to:
Los Angeles Harbor College
International Student Office
1111 Figueroa Place
Wilmington, CA 90744